Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Snowtime White

I wake up on a silent winter day
to find my world covered in white
The trees have put on sparkling masks
Covering up their fright

The grass is gone,
the pond is too
My steps are covered
in this dazzling dew

I slip on my boots and hat and coat
grab my mittens too
The ground is icey and the cold bites my nose,
but I don't mind, do you?

I open my book and start my work
what I really came out here to complete
I pick a color, cucumber green
and paint the grass with ease

The driveway returns to its normal gray
with a quick flick of my magic wand
The front door is then painted deep blood red
and deep sea blue the pond

By the time day breaks
I feel I am done
From the moon to the stars,
the clouds to the sun

My world is not white anymore
Not lost in a world of wonder
Now everything is just as should be
Everything is the right color

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this poem!
Is the riddle a play on words?
Only 13 more days!

Anonymous said...

Hey Haley! Lovely poem. I'm so proud of you. You're such a talented young writer in so many ways. Keep in touch, and I love your blog.
~Jess