Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hey There Delilah, Chapter 1

Chapter 1,
6 Days after prologue
6/29/07

Beep. Beep, beep. Beep. I turned my head, blindly searching for my alarm clock to shut it off. “Uuuggghhhmmph,” I groaned.
I slowly opened my eyes, still groping around trying to find the source of the beeping. My bedroom wasn’t like I remembered it. Where had my night table gone? In its place was a large machine with a monitor covered in squiggly green lines. Where my pile of last week’s laundry should have been was a large mass of colorful balloons and a dozen stuffed animals. One of the balloon’s read “Get Well Soon!” and a giant purple teddy bear was holding an over-sized card covered in a bunch of signatures. What was going on? Where was all my stuff? Why did it smell like----
“Good morning sunshine!” said a sugary voice. I quickly looked around. The voice seemed to be coming from a young looking blonde woman with a clipboard in her hands. Her perfectly manicured fingers were gripping a bright pink pen that was whizzing across her paper. It made my head hurt. “Are you feeling any better?”
“Better?” I said, puzzled. “I was never bad! Why would I be---” All of a sudden everything came back to me. The graduation day dance, the thunderstorm, Delilah’s smiling face right before the car crash, everything. My head suddenly felt very heavy. I looked at the nurse and said, “Where’s Delilah?”
“I’m sorry honey but---“

“Where’s Delilah?” I said in a quiet, firm voice.
"Honey, she's.....gone."


What do you think of the story so far? Have any suggestions? Leave a comment and check back in next week for Chapter 2!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is she hurt?

Haley B. said...

umm...just wondering: who is e???

Anonymous said...

E is me and me is E and blah blah blah! how don't you know your know baby!

Anonymous said...

omg this is a really good story so far! i love it and i dont have any suggestions because i want to be surprised!
no but seriously its reallllly good!
see you monday