Saturday, March 22, 2008

American Idol Review: Top 10 (!)

Welcoming the American Idol Season 7 Top 10!

  • David Cook did fabulous this week! He really does surprise me every week with the things he does with the music. On Tuesday night he used one of those voice mixer things in the middle of his performance. (You know, like the Geico commercial?) Simon did complain about him getting a little bit predictable, though. Well excuuuuse me! * * * * performance
  • David Archuleta had a much better performance this week than last, but he continues to do more ballads than up-beat songs. I'm getting kind of tired of it! He really should try something new this Tuesday. (Oh, by the way, my dad thinks that he has a bit of a Broadway type voice. I kind of agree!) * * *.5 performance
  • Michael Johns had a bad week. The song that he chose was telling a story, so when he condensed this 5 minute long song into 1:30, it got kind of confusing. Plus he forgot some of his lines and was off key. Better luck next week Michael! * * * performance
  • Jason Castro surprised me! He sang a Beatles song that was half in French! It was very cool, but yet again he had some pitch problems. I would also like to see him try a different type of music. A little less folk-tuney would be nice. * * *.5 performance
  • I didn't get to see all of Chikezie's performance, but I'm pretty sure he did a slower song. It was okay, especially since nothing could beat his performance from last week! * * * performance
  • Brooke White was all decked out in sunshine Tuesday night! She was wearing a yellow dress with a yellow back round to match with her song. Simon didn't like this aspect of the performance and none of the judge's liked her dance moves. Sorry Brooke! No more "woo-ing!" * * *.5 performance
  • Syesha was F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! She sang a pretty ballad with much grace. Good job! * * * * performance
  • Ramiele was good, but not good enough for my taste. She tried doing a more up-beat tune, but she seems to be better with ballads. She's nice and everything, but I think that she should leave the show soon because I'm getting very bored with her. * * * performance
  • Kristy is still here?! I'm about ready to shoot myself over this girl! She is soooooooo annoying! Her performance this week was better than any of her others, but she's been in the bottom EVERY WEEK! She NEEDS to go! * * performance
  • Carly did a great job in my opinion, but apparently America didn't think so because she was in the bottom three! What gives? * * * * performance
  • Amanda left us this week. Her performance was just okay, but it was still sad to see her go. I personally liked her, but a lot of people I've talked to didn't. She's one of those you-like-them-or-you-don't type people I guess. We'll miss you Amanda! * * * performance

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

umm HELLO?! where's LAST WEEK'S american idol?! lol jkjk i dont really care