Thursday, March 13, 2008

3/11 American Idol Review

The votes are in and DAVID HERNANDEZ is out. David H., as well as Kristy and Syesha were in the bottom three. Here is how the night went...

The theme of the night was Lennon/McCartney songs. Apparently this song book has been wanted for six seasons! The contestants certainly did a good job (for the most part, anways!).

Chikezie Eze
"She's A Woman" - John Lennon & Paul McCartney
Chikizie is in the house! Woo-woo! He was on fire! Fantastic! I loved the whole country vibe at the beginning, and the rock parts were fab too. Nice Chikezie!
* * * * * performance
David Archuleta
"We Can Work It Out" -John Lennon & Paul McCartney
This was by far his worst performance. The crowd favorite forgot some of his lyrics, much to his disapointment. But all is well. We love him anyways!
* * .5 performance
David Cook
"Eleanor Rigby" -John Lennon & Paul McCartney
This "Black Horse" as Paula likes to put it, is going strong! David continues to impress me with his amazing ability to turn anything into rock music and last night was no exception!
* * * * * performance
David Hernandez
"I Saw Her Standing There" -John Lennon & Paul McCartney
David left with a bad performance in his memory. It was a fairly simple song, but he over did it with the dance moves and attitude. In my opinion it was verging on creepy! See ya David!
* * * performance
Jason Castro
"If I Fell" -John Lennon & Paul McCartney
I really like this guy, but I think he needs to work on his pitch a little bit. The high notes that he his known for are getting a little bit hard to listen to.
* * * .5 performance
Michael Johns
"Across The Universe" -John Lennon & Paul McCartney
I actually really liked this performance! It might have been simple and safe as Randy and Simon said, but I thought that was what was so great about it. Great performance Michael!
* * * * performance
Amanda Overmyer
"You Can't Do That" -John Lennon & Paul McCartney
Wow! This rockin' skunk look-a-like is really good! If you don't like her, you don't. But if you like her style, she is really fun to listen to! Go Amanda! It's your birthday! We're gonna party like it's your birthday! (Just kidding. It's not actually her b-day. ;)
* * * *.5 performance
Brooke White
"Let It Be" -John Lennon & Paul McCartney
This was a really great song choice for Brooke. (Obviously, because Simon loved it!) Her voice sounded good and you could tell she was really into it. Ryan loves your shoes, Brooke! ;)
* * * * performance

Carly Smithson

"Come Together" -John Lennon & Paul McCartney
Two words: L-O-V-E-D I-T! She finally picked the right song! Brava Carly!
* * * * * performance

Kristy Lee Cook

"Eight Days A Week" -John Lennon & Paul McCartney
Yuck, yuck, YUCK! Kristy's country version of this song was YUCKY! And that creepy thing she does with her eyes when she sings? Ugh! Even always-nice Paula didn't like it! I can't believe she is still here! At least David H. could sing!
* performance
Ramiele Malubay
"In My Life" -John Lennon & Paul McCartney
Good, but boring. Ho-hum. Ramiele, please save our pillows from being covered in drool and pick an up-beat song, okay?

* * *.5 performance

Syesha Mercado

"Got To Get You Into My Life" - John Lennon & Paul McCartney
I thought this was pretty good, but something was missing. I'm not sure what though...
* * *.5 performance

Do you agree with my review? Leave a comment and let me know AND who you thing will be in the top 2!
harold;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOYO!!! my two favorite boys are david archuleta and chikezie. but my two favorite male performances this week were DEFINITELY chikezie and david cook! they are AWESOME! i was disappointed in david archuleta... w/e. my two favorite females are carly and syesha! carly was sooo good! and my prediction for top 2: DAVID ARCHULETA AND CARLY all the way!!!!!