Thursday, April 24, 2008

Top Six Review


Okay, I am writing this review out of pure FRUSTRATION, DISAPPOINTMENT, AND ANGER! What happened on American Idol last night? Nothing good, I'll tell you that! Carly Smithson left this week, dragging me this close to shutting off Idol for good. What's your problem America? :P to you!


David Archuleta
"Think Of Me" - from 'Phantom of the Opera'

David was his usual amazing self. But seriously David, what did you expect last night when you were called up? You looked scared to death that you were going to leave! Believe in your voters David!

* * * * performance
David Cook
"Music Of The Night" - from 'Phantom of the Opera'

This was FANTASTIC! I love the fact that David Cook said that the unexpected-aspect of this performance was that he didn't change the song! Bravo!

* * * * * performance
Jason Castro
"Memory" - from 'Cats'

Okay Jason, obviously you aren't taking this competition all that seriously. That's right! I went there! I caught you yawning behind stage and cracking jokes when people were being called into the bottom two! GO HOME!

* * performance
Brooke White
"You Must Love Me" - from 'Evita'

Poor Brooke. She forgot her lyrics and had to start over, but she wasn't even in the bottom two. Hmmm...

* * performance
Carly Smithson
"Superstar" - from 'Jesus Christ Superstar'

This is what I don't get. Carly was so good last night that I was literally jumping out of my seat, and yet she still went home! The judges loved it and the crowd did too. So what happened? Don't ask me! WE'LL MISS YOU CARLY! CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR ALBUM!!!

* * * * * performance
Syesha Mercado
"One Rock n' Roll Too Many" - from 'Starlight Express'

This was also a very good performance. Syesha is definitely and actress! I want to see her on Broadway! But why was she in the bottom two? She was one of the best!

* * * * * performance


What do YOU think happened last night? What did YOU want to happen? What are YOU upset about right now? I WANT TO KNOW!!!

No comments: