Saturday, April 05, 2008

Poems by harold;)

I was cleaning out my room the other day when I came across a bunch of my old notebooks. I found some amusing poems written by the one and only: moi! Enjoy!

Mystery Meat
There it is.
It's looking at me.
How could my mother
do this to me?
Gloppy, soppy,
awful, and wet.
I haven't managed
to try any yet.
It's green and it's blue,
and maybe chartreuse.
This junk doesn't have
even one little use!
It smells like cat litter,
old cream cheese and dog doo.
Oh what am I, what am I
going to do?
Dad gave me the look,
so I'm taking a bite.
If I die, give my sister my doll,
and my best friend my kite.
Here it comes!
The fork's in my mouth.
I bet this junk will head north
'stead of south.
I clomp down my teeth
and get my very first taste.
Oh man,
this stuff is a waste.
One Inch Left
There it is!
The big red prize.
It's the one thing
I idolize.
I've gotta get closer
to the big red apple.
Then I can relax
and drink my ice cold Snapple.
Crawling, crawling,
I breaking a sweat.
But sadly,
I'm still not there yet.
My little work body
is getting real tired
to reach the one thing
that my heart desires.
Wait a minute,
I'm here! I'm here!
i made it here
with all of my gear.
My fork, my spoon,
my knife, my cup.
I start to crawl
up, up, up.
Then I take
my first bite.
And can you guess what?
It tastes just right.
More to come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol that is a great poem =] good work young lass! haha

Anonymous said...

are you going to give any info about your new story or whatever's gonna happen to hey there delilah? i wanna know!

Anonymous said...

i think you should keep on writing hey there delilah! it was a really good story! maybe if you do decide to do somthing else do a happier story. But i really, really liked Hey There Delilah. So you should keep writing hey there delilah or write a 2 short stories w/ happier plots OR (!)you could keep writing hey there delilah and write another short story (happy plot)!
is this confusing anyone?

i like ur site a lot!

~Squib!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! i like the colors... it reminds me of my happy mind haha