Monday, April 21, 2008

SHORT STORY!!!

Hey, hey, hey! Just as promised, here is a short story. I have a TON of already-started-but-never-finished stories, so here's one of them. (Please remember that this is only a ROUGH-DRAFT.)

I shot her the meanest look I could muster. She shot right back. My nails were digging deep into my palms, almost cutting them. I could hear Tonia breathing deeply, in, out, in, out. Except for this suttle sound, the room was silent. We weren't going to look away, not even blink. Tonia started tapping her toes like she does when she has to pee, but I knew this wouldn't stop her. Just as my eyes started to water, a shout came from downstairs.

"Tonia, your mother is heeeeeeeeere!"called my mom's voice.

"I'll be right down!" Tonia cried in her I'm-a-perfect-little-angel voice. As if!
Tonia quickly snatched her track jacket from my bed and flung her bag over her shoulder, purposely whacking me in the nose.

"I hope you're happy!" she sneered as she stomped through the doorway.

"I am!" I screeched back.
Tears were tumbling down my face, but I wasn't sure if they were from not blinking, or wishing this had never happened...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that makes me wanna read more.
that was good!